Monday, January 09, 2006

MY EYE!

The other day I was reading the local free paper, flicking through the pages quite quickly reading random headlines and stuff as I went.

at one point I flicked the page over, not realising that this was actually the centre page which was folded over - the flicking action caused the page to jump up away from the rest and the folded corner connected with my eyeball!
My actual eyeball, not my eye lid or my upper cheek the real deal! It was one of those pains where you think you've done something really bad - thankfully there was no marks or anything.

So I wiped the tears and continued reading (but this time with a lot more care)

from now on I will be wearing safety goggles to read the paper

6 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You read the local paper?

What does it have in it?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Simon said...

lots of tractors and cattle for sale. cos we live in the country...

...Or at least thats what some might expect - it has all the usual stuff you get in local papers

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just meant that local papers are rubbish. It wasn't a country gag!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Simon said...

i agree that the local papers are rubbish - we get two a week, most of the time they are just used in the cat's litter tray!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't get the locals - cos we're down an alley they don't know we're there. Plus someone ventured down and becky put a brick to their head and they now live in the freezer.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get two freebies a week, normally rubbish. Horror of horrors, i missed the one i was in. How am i now going to record my impressive rise to (local) celebrity status? Mum will be sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home