Sunday, January 08, 2006

Strange Dream

Last night I had a strange dream, I often have what I like to call "montage dreams" these are dreams that rapidly change the subject after a few minutes like flicking through the channels on the telly.

Well last night one of these dreams and one segment was a little strange...

Jo and I were going to a traditional Salvation Army event at Southwark Salvation Army. We walked into the building (which is quite a small Church building in Elephant and Castle) and it was the size of Wembley conference centre 3000+ seats! So that's a little weird! But there's more...

We made our way to our seats, there was the usual hustle and bustle of a load of people finding seats, a brass band was warming up on the stage etc.

The opening of the event started, I nearly fell off my chair!
Lloyd Kinsley and Phil Hoyle walked up one of the sets of stairs up into the audience/congregation. They were both in full uniform (which I don't think anyone has seen them in for a number of years) carrying a guitar each!

So they got themselves sorted out with music and everything - I caught Lloyds eye and smirked a bit which made him smile. The spotlight fell on them and they started to play, Phil on his acoustic bass guitar and Lloyd with a large 12 string acoustic guitar - I didn't recognize what they were playing but it was a jolly little tune in the "joy strings" style.

They gave each other a little look and a smile and both took in a deep breath and...

Jo woke me up by putting the light on!

So who knows what they were going to sing!

If anyone has an interpretation of what this all means then please elaborate.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to think of that!

Maybe we were about to burn a flag and not sing at all

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this but Hoylus and Lloyd tend to turn up in quite a few peoples dreams?!?
A few weeks ago I dreamt I was at school with Hoylus and Lloyd and more bizzarely Jack. The bizzare bit is that Jack is 92 looks like Leslie Phillips and lives in the nursing home I work in, so not sure how we all ended up in the same class.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think the song was about to be something by rage against the machine. 'Killing in the name' perhaps.

And I think people must dream of us often because we're ascending to the level of Jungian archetypes. Possibly universally representing 'the nerd'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home