Monday, December 19, 2005

Narnia Nostalgia


I'm sorry to the two or three of you who check my blog now and again for the lack of posts recently - I'll try and get a few in more regularly!

Saturday night Jo and I went to see the new Narnia movie LW&W (doesn't work as well as LOTR..)

A fantastic film - I was impressed with the CGI and the general story telling, I also thought the young actors did a fairly good job, nowhere near as wooden as the Harry potter lot!

During the whole film I found myself thinking back to my younger days, my absolute favorite video when I was growing up was the 1979 animated version by Bill Melendez. The English addition had contributions from Sheila Hancock (Witch), Leslie Phillips (Mr Tumnas), Arthur Lowe (Mr Beaver). I played this video at least once a week knew it word for word (and as it turns out I can still remember loads of it!


last year I bought Jo the 1988 BBC dramatisation of the story which was good to see again although I can remember that when I originally saw the BBC version on a Sunday evening before going to the army I was always comparing it to the animated version (which I still think was better than the BBC version)

Well this year I have bought myself (and I suppose Jo) the DVD of the animated version! Can't wait to see it!


For all those who would like to see the animated version it is being shown on ITV1 on boxing day (10am) I recommend watching it! Will probably be very cheesy but I'll be watching it

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't leslie Phillips a bit of a pervy choice for Mr Tumnus? "Ding Dong!"

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Simon said...

i dont remember it being a "carry on" style of voice that he put to it...

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must stop putting yourself down, unless only two people other than myself check your blog then you're wrong in your first sentence. I liked TV version, it was one of those nostalic moments. For me the Sunday night before the dreaded sunday morning back at school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home