Monday, November 21, 2005

Would you like Fries with that?

Yesterday Jo and I decided to go out for lunch. I wont name the eating establishment we went to so lets just say it serves a lot of chicken and rhymes with Bando's

The main reason we chose to eat there was because Jo had one of these loyalty card things which meant we had a whole chicken for free - so it was a cheap way of eating out, just pay for the chips and drinks....

I went to the till to order....

So I asked if I could use the voucher and claim our free bird - which seemed to be fine.
I then added some chips and rice to the order.

Would you like a drink? - yes, a coke and a mango juice

ok that's £17 please, to which I replied, no its not (pointing to the loyalty thingy)
Oh oh yes sorry (bashing keys on the till) £6.50 please.

She then asks What drink did you want? A coke and a mango juice!
(hands me a glass and a bottle of mango juice) - Do you want a glass for the juice? Yes please i reply.
She then tries to hand me a wine glass which she promptly drops onto the counter, it rolls towards me and i catch it as it drops off of my side of the counter!

So after that i paid the bill - as she handed me my card and receipt she says "have you been to *****'s before?"
(it was at this point i could feel a Basil Fawlty style outburst rising up inside me...)

BEEN HERE BEFORE...?!
Of course I've been here before, my wife and i had to eat about 15 meals to get to the point where you would give us a free chicken - or did i miss the part where you started handing out free meals to new customers!!
(Was the reply in my head)

i just smiled and said "yes", and took my receipt, card and glasses (not forgetting the bottle of mango juice) and went to my table.

The food was fantastic!

cheers,

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have called her Nu-Bee

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man £6.50 is loads for just chips and drinks isn't it?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Simon said...

it is - although there was some spicey rice too

Large chips is about £3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home