Tuesday, December 19, 2006

a quick update...

So today i got lost a television centre! not getting to it but actually in it - the place is huge!!!

Since the first few days at my new job i've been meeting new clients; often with actual tech work to do but occasionally to hand out christmas gifts! a nice way to meet people "hello i'm the new boy - heres some wine!"

A few of the places i've been:
i've been to zeal productions, fox tv, BBC news, hewlands international, endemaol, edge TV and there are others that i can't remember!
Lots of nice creative types who are very good at what they do and like the equipment they use to work in the best way possible!

I've spent a fair amount of time in the office learning all about the avid systems, how they work, how to break them and how to fix them again. (I've never needed help in breaking computers... that's always been a natural thing for me) in fact the other day i made one break and the first thing that one of my co workers said was "I've never seen one of these do that before!"

the studios are busy busy busy. one film has packed up for Christmas so that end has quietened down quite a lot whereas the two stages near us are very busy - I'm thinking they are getting them all set to start filming in January. there are lots of props and bits of set being transported about the place on either old milk floats or on quad bikes with trailers. some of the trailers are driven round a bit on the quick side and there have been a few near misses with some of the cars parked about the place.

well there are two more days left till my Christmas hols start woo and indeed hoo!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like your new flicker pics x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home