Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Moving on

I've have been working for Elucid8 for nearly three and a half years but now is the time to move on.
I've been looking around at various job prospects over the last few months, keeping my options open; looking at a wide variety of job descriptions and companies. As the saying goes "the world is a lobster" or something like that anyways.

So, where am i going i hear you all ask?! I am making a move into the world of TV and Film. The BBC doesn't want me but someone else does!

I'll be working for a company that supply editing systems to production people in either film or TV.

I'll be based at Pinewood Studios but will probably spend a lot of my time out and about visiting production houses and filming locations, also larger outside broadcast events that need on site editing facilities - sports events etc.

My job has the original title of Hires Technician. I start work on the 11th December.

Its going to be tough to leave Elucid8 for a number of reasons, of course the biggest of these is that i will miss Matt, Barry, Phil, Tim and Mark - we have a great working relationship together and i don't think that will be replicated in my new job or any other job for that matter! They are my friends and i shall miss them.

So here's to the Future, i hope that Elucid8 goes on from strength to strength and i hope that this new job of mine will be fulfilling, challenging and inspiring (that's not too much to ask is it?!)

For those that do, please pray for me that the next three months will be all i hope it will be, and that Elucid8 will cope without me.

i hope Elucid8 manage to find a suitable person to hold the position of "Elucid8 life committee chairman" a responsibility not to be taken lightly, you need broad shoulders and thick skin to cope at the top!

Sorry to those that i haven't told personally - i wanted you to hear it from the horses mouth so i figured the blog would be a good start!

6 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW congratulations mate!!!

I was just thinking about you yesterday and tried to catch you on msn to ask how it was going, but you were obviously busy with your new plans!

SO very very pleased. As I have said and will say again, I think you are an EXTREMELY talented guy, I think your work is genius and I will be praying for you as you move out into the big wide world.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Really glad something has come up and it's great that you can go from one thing to the other. Elucid8 won't be the same without you, but I'm sure they'll cope as you move on to new things.

All the best mate - I look forward to hearing all about how it goes, by blog or by MSN. You'll be great at it.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Tom Underwood said...

Congratulations Si! Fantastic news that you've found another exciting job. Will be hoping and praying that it's as exciting as it sounds!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Stevo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Stevo said...

Awesome mate, so chuffed for you. You really deserve it.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Thanks guys, thanks for your support. I hope its the right move, time will tell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home