Wednesday, October 25, 2006

XLent

The regular readers among you may remember a while back I posted about putting hand dryers into room 101 - especially the hand dryers that do little more than breath heavily on you.

Well last night i had the privilege of using the best hand dryer i have ever seen! Jo and I were at IKEA, on my visit to the loo there was an incredibly loud noise - from my cubicle i assumed it was some kind of cleaner being used to unblock a sink or something.

I washed my hands and ventured to the dryers and that's when i got my first glimpse of the XLerator! this thing was fantastic - an immense sound, it rippled the skin on the back of my hands.

"Hand dryer motor shall be a series commutated through-flow discharge vacuum motor/blower (5/8 HP / 20,000 RPM) which provides air velocity of 16,000 LFM (linear feet per minute) at the air outlet and 14,000 LFM at the hands (4 inches [102 mm] below air outlet)."

I tried to get Jo to visit the loo to see if the Ladies had the same machine - She wasn't that bothered...

Truly the best dryer ever - i fear that now I've experience the XLerator I'm never going to be satisfied with any other hand dryer.

10 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am personally waiting for the Dyson Airblade hand drier, which I read about the other day and which will be the king of all driers.

Check out www.dysonairblade.co.uk - it'll blow your XLerator away!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to get out more

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Sadly the Dyson thing is only twice as fast.... the XLerator is 3 times faster!

In your face Steve!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Stevo said...

to much time on your hands boys and girls

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but less time drying our hands with the XLerator!



Simon and I should think about being hand-dryer salesmen it seems.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Simon said...

I'm not sure about that Steve, I guess i just like a good hand dryer - and HATE THE DIRTY USELESS SILLY EXCUSES FOR HAND DRYERS THAT ARE IN TOILETS ALL OVER THE WORLD GRRRR!

Sorry started hulking out for a second there...

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with wee on your hands anyway?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Hoylus said...

I was going to post that, but then thought, "actually, that's minging" - glad to see Lard strode into the breach though...

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Hoylus said...

In the Alma in Wandsworth, I discovered another great hand dryer - the PHS automatic platinum - see it here http://www.phs.co.uk/washrooms/products/1288.html?expand=1

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Slow Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Find Movies, Games, Music, Software & Download Them @ Blazing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home