Friday, June 09, 2006

News flash

Exciting activities today at work...

the old ALOVE/youth ministry unit/mission team portacabin has been removed and as I write this is being replaced by a brand spanking new one.

check out some pics on my flickr of the old one being removed - hopefully we will put some pics up of the new one coming in.

got to go now as they are evacuating our cabins for health and safety reasons!

lets have a quick moment of reflection on all the experiences I'm sure that many of us have shared in that big old brown box. - perhaps post a comment of your most memorable time in said box...

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the olden days cooped up in that nasty brown box... craving fresh air, making loud music, being shot in the leg by Matt Smith's BB Gun....ahh, the memories...

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being forced to do aerobics at 7am by Susi Dodds as part of my Timothy training. However, I can't count the number of croissants or doughnuts that I've eaten in there so that probably cancels the aerobics out. I remember the many production lines of envelope stuffing before each big event and how we usually ended up bringing so many back. Most of all I just remember lots of good times with lots of good friends...

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The brown box is gone! It's a sad day. I remember countless cold mornings dragging equipment in and out of there cos other people had bad backs or were girls or some other variously poor excuse. I remember the first 24/7 and the excitement of it all. I remember carrying seemingly infinite amounts of Phil Walls books out of the back again and again. I remember good fun, friends and sausage and mash after Phil Wall's vasectomy.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the second day of my stag do!

4 way Halo with projectors, pizza and falling asleep to Lord of the Rings.

Oh and someone almost beign gassed top death by moving the insect repelling candle inside during 24/7.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home